Yes, it is now possible to watch your favorite Disney shows and cartoons, any time of the day and on any device. The DisneyNow app, launched in 2017, allows you to watch Disney Junior, Disney XD and Disney channel show on the same app.
Disney was the first entertainment network to launch a product that paid TV subscribers could use.
What is the Disney Channel app?
It is a “watch app” that unifies shows, cartoons, movies, games, and other content. It is from the three major Disney networks- Disney Channel, Disney Junior, and Disney XD. This “TV everywhere” service was previously launched separately for each network.
Having combined into one, the DisneyNow app gives access to full episodes and live stream of these channels. The music channel Radio Disney is also available on the app apart from games.
The app is intended for children from the age group of 2 to 14.
Where to download DisneyNow app from?
You can download the DisneyNow application from the Play store for Android. It is also available on iOS, Amazon fire tablets or kindle, apple tv (tvOS), Roku and apk mirror.
How to use Disney now or Disney Channel App?
Once you have downloaded the application, you can log in with your cable login credentials to this one single app to get exclusive access to shows from all the three channels.
However, you can access certain shows and features without subscription with a cable operator. You can signup to use Disney now app without tv provider, but please note that there is only limited access in this case. You can so activate this app with a comparatively economical cost and enjoy a satisfying and enhanced viewing experience.
What are the features of the Disney now app?
- It is a customized and personalized app that enables each profile to have tailored content or recommendations. So ideally, if your children are off the younger age group, the settings can be changed such that the app features more of the shows and games appropriate for them.
- Earlier when each channel had an app, you had to download each one of them and log in separately to access the content. Now, with this app, you need to login only once with the authenticated credentials offered by the cable, satellite or digital programming distributor.
- Disney junior mode can be selected for a child-safe viewing experience for the preschoolers.
- There is access to live, linear network streaming and also to on-demand episodes.
- Each authenticated login is enabled to create numerous profiles with the 180 Disney emoji avatar characters. That means, each member of the family can have individual profiles and can watch their favorites shows depending on their interests.
- You can also resume watching from where you left off.
- The DisneyNow app can be accessed from desktop, mobile, and connected TV devices.
- Some content on the application is available to watch for free.
- It contains targeted advertisements for the Walt Disney company and third parties.
- Save your favorite shows or games.
What do you get to watch with the Disney Channel app?
With full access to live to stream and recommended shows, the Disney channel application has now enhanced the viewer’s experience.
In this period of multiple and innumerable cartoon and children-centric channels, it is quite difficult for the parents to keep a check on what the children are watching all the time. The Disney now app now makes it possible for children to watch quality and worthwhile shows, all the while giving more control to parents on what they watch.
The Disney now app offers a wide array of shows and a full range of games and live tv.
Some of the prominent and exclusive shows are:
- Full episodes of current seasons of shows on Disney Channel, Disney XD and Disney junior including “Andi Mack,” “Raven’s Home,” “Tangled: The Series”; Disney Junior’s “Vampirina,” “Mickey and the Roadster Racers,” “Elena of Avalor,” “The Lion Guard,” “Puppy Dog Pals” and “PJ Masks”; and Disney XD’s “Duck Tales,” “Stuck in the Middle,” “Star Wars Rebels,” “Bizaardvark,” “Walk the Prank,” “MECH-X4” and “Milo Murphy’s Law.”
- Disney channel family-oriented original movies from over 100 titles including high school musical, Freaky Friday, the cheetah girls, ZOMBIES, Teen Beach Movie and many more.
- There are a variety of games featuring favorite Disney TV characters, like Disney Super Arcade and Color Splash.
- In-studio appearances and performances on Radio Disney including those from Selena Gomez, Ariana Grande, and Camila Cabello, and others are featured on the DisneyNow app.
- You can also play QUIZney, the live quiz on Disney and answer the questions for a chance to win prizes.
- You can enjoy funny shorts, clips, music videos, and Live Play.
Disney now in the news
With a $71 billion deal with the 21st-century fox, the Indian tv giant Star is now owned by the Walt Disney company. The deal became effective from March 2019 onwards. Star is a Mumbai-based media company with several sports and entertainment channels.
Disney is also the owner of Tata Sky, Hotstar and the Endemol shine group in India.
With the take over of live streaming to take place in the coming weeks. This acquisition is of great advantage to the Disney company. The giant media conglomerate is yet to launch its unique streaming service, reportedly Disney plus against its rival Netflix.
Disney plus (Disney +)
This is supposedly the latest introduction to the Disney company. Disney plus is the unique streaming service that will exclusively feature Disney shows and other programs. This service is said to be released on November 2019.
Disney plus requires a low subscription of fee of around $6.99 per month and is relatively competitive with the rates offered on Netflix. Disney plus will be available on all devices including Roku and PS4. In fact, it is said to be compatible with Nintendo switch, which now only has YouTube and Hulu.
Though it is being launched only in the US right now, it will soon be available in all major regions. It will be available within two years. Visit Disney hub login for more info.